Sticky Pork Ribs and Spicy Chips
These American style sticky pork ribs are a-m-a-z-i-n-g and stupidly easy. I found a few different recipes online and made my own version so I was a little unsure about how it would turn out but I highly recommend making them this weekend – do it!
American Style Pork Sticky Ribs and Spicy Chips
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup golden syrup
2 tbsp soy
2 tbsp malt vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Add your ribs to the bowl and spoon the marinade all over the ribs to get ever last inch. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for a minimum of an hour.
2. Pre heat oven to 200ºC. Once you’ve left the ribs to marinate for a while, add water to the bottom of a large roasting pan. The water will prevent the marinade burning on the pan. Place the ribs on a roasting rack and put in the oven for an hour. Brush a little extra sauce over the ribs after the first 15 mins but no more after that as you want the sauce to thicken and get sticky. Turn the ribs over half way through.
3. When the ribs are almost done, pour the rest of the sauce in a small saucepan and heat thoroughly until thickened slightly.
For the Spicy chips
1. Cut potatoes into wedges and place in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile put a good glug of olive oil in a roasting pan and heat in oven until hot.
3. Once potatoes are soft, take them out of the water and drain well. Add to hot pan and try to coat all sides with the hot oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, Italian herbs and a little paprika.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.